ESMA Publishes Responses to EMIR Clearing Obligation and Draft RTS Consultations
On 17 September 2013, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published:
- a list of responses to its 12 July 2013 discussion paper on the clearing obligation under EMIR; and
- a list of responses to its 17 July 2013 discussion paper on draft regulatory technical standards (RTS) on contracts having a direct, substantial and foreseeable effect within the EU and non-evasion of provisions of EMIR.
The lists include responses from key bodies such as:
- The International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA);
- The Investment Management Association (IMA);
- The Association of British Insurers (ABI); and
- The European Banking Federation (FBF).